On April 30th – May 2nd Toronto hosted the only Canadian national tradeshow offering up a complete range of food products, food-related equipment, and technologies – SIAL Canada. Enercare Centre gathered under one roof more than 1,000 exhibitors from 50 countries. Among this variety of tastes, there were showcased 11 Ukrainian producers united under the brand Made In Ukraine.
That was the second confectionery mission of Ukrainian food companies in Canada arranged by the CUTIS project. And this time, thousands of buyers met not only the new names but previously known products as well.
‘This year, Made In Ukraine was outstanding! Made In Ukraine expanded from confectionery and chocolate to include bulk, traditional and organic products. The Ukrainian merchandise received excellent reviews from North American (Canadian and USA) buyers and retailers, offering very competitive prices, top quality brands and attractive packaging,’ – Canadian expert Bertrand Walle said.
Ukrainian products were presented in two categories:
Chocolate, Confectionery, Cookies, Wafers and Crackers:
- Biscuit-Chocolate Corporation – Chocolate & Confectionery
- Budmo zdorovi – Gluten-free & Lactose-free Cookies
- Grona – Confectionery goods, Cookies & Crackers
- Hlebodar – Cookies & Confectionary
- Lekorna – Wafers & Ice Cream Cones
- Malbi Foods (Millennium) – Chocolate & Confectionery
- POLUS – Chocolate Bars & Wafer Cookies
Honey, Organic Berries, Cereals & Edible Oils:
- Agricom Group (Dobrodiya) – Breakfast Cereals & Cereal bars
- AVIS – Organic Sunflower Oil
- BEE HIVE – Honey
- Galfrost – IQF Organic & Traditional Frozen Berries
The mission for Ukrainian companies wasn’t limited by only showcasing in the SIAL show. The participants got useful tips on how to sell their products during the info sessions and visited a number of local grocery stores during retail familiarization tour.
The Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support (CUTIS) Project is a 5-year (2016-2021) Canadian development assistance initiative designed to lower poverty in Ukraine through increasing exports from Ukraine to Canada and investment from Canada to Ukraine.