The Conference Board of Canada (CBoC) is implementing a five-year Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support (CUTIS) Project funded by Global Affairs Canada to help increase exports from Ukraine to Canada and Investment from Canada to Ukraine. CUTIS is currently seeking a Communication Specialist, reporting to the CUTIS Ukrainian Project Director.
- Develop and implement the Project’s long-term communication strategy and annual communication plan, with clear objectives and indicators; coordinate communications and outreach efforts with other activities under the Project.
- Work closely with project staff to research and collect information about the project’s impact and achievements.
- Develop and edit Project’s information, communication and promotion materials in English and Ukrainian, including success stories, newsletters, fact sheets, leaflets, brochures, articles, videos, and others.
- Maintain social media content in English and Ukrainian (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), ensuring the timely posting of relevant information and updates.
- Contribute and manage information for the projects’ websites.
- Develop and implement the Project’s public relations activities, organize interviews and media events, prepare press releases on the Project activities in both English and Ukrainian for distribution to mass media.
- Coordinate the production and printing work of the agencies involved in the creation of audio/video/animation/print products for the Project.
- Maintain a photo library and provide the Project with communication support, as needed.
- Ensure both wide and targeted distribution of project reports and information materials among partners and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Provide technical assistance to government actors and businesses on strategic communications and outreach.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project management.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related fields.
- At least three years of successful work experience in the areas of communications.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills in both English and Ukrainian are essential.
- Experience in the writing/production of media outreach materials (e.g., press releases, media advisories).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with International Development programs is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, strong interpersonal communication, networking, facilitation, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience of producing infographics.
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV and cover letter in English by July 2, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.