The Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support Project (CUTIS) provides additional opportunities for companies that are interested in the Canadian market.
CUTIS project can reimburse 50% of costs for:
- resource- and energy efficiency audit for enterprises – helps to detect technical gaps, which wash out money, and plan activities for their elimination;
- ISO 14001 «Environmental management systems» certification audit;
- certification audit for receiving Canadian organic certificate (COR);
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification audit (applied for articles of wood origin);
- OEKO-TEX certification audit (applied in light industry);
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification audit (applied in light industry);
- development of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy for the enterprise.
Why is this important?
Identifying the losses of resources and energy may lead to a reduction of the final goods costs. This may help to be competitive not only in Canadian, but also in other markets.
The ecological marking, confirmed by a certificate, may help business to find new buyers of products. For example, almost 86% of Canadians are ready to pay more for environmentally friendly products.
Organic certification may help to successfully enter the Canadian organic goods market. Canadian organic market is the fifth largest in the world, it is estimated at nearly 5.4 billion CAD.
The ISO 14001, FSC, OEKO-TEX®, and GOTS certificates will be benefits for green public procurement and corporate sustainability supply chains.
Taking into consideration that Ukrainian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) may face financial challenges obtaining environmental certification, the CUTIS project proposes to reimburse 50% of certification costs. Do not miss your chance!
If you are interested in new opportunities, please contact environmental expert of the CUTIS project Zoya Pavlenko. Tel.:+38 (097) 167-21-07, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.