From April 1 to April 5, 12 leading Ukrainian IT companies visit Canada as a part of the ICT business mission. The five-day event includes a series of B2B meetings with Canadian business, seminars and panel discussions. The main goal is to help Ukrainian business to learn more about the Canadian IT sector as well as discuss possible cooperation with Canadian partners.
The following IT companies took part in the mission:
- Active Audit Agency (cybersecurity services)
- Taurus Quadra (development & customization)
- Solution Mentors (development & Oracle database services)
- Perfectial (SAAS apps & blockchain apps)
- MindK (web development)
- MAPGEOSYSTEM (digitalization & 2D-3D modelling)
- La Soft (web & mobile apps development)
- ISSP (manager security)
- Inoxoft (UI/UX design & software development)
- Edsson (software development outsourcing)
- Davintoo Ukraina (hosting & implementation of collaborator)
- Conterra (data continuity & recovery)
In Toronto, Ukrainian delegation visited MaRS Discovery District, Canada’s largest tech, and IT innovation hub. In the period of 2011 to 2014, the startup companies emerging from MaRS had raised over $750 million in capital investments.
The third day of the ICT mission to Canada, Ukrainian IT companies spent in Hamilton, a powerful industrial center. The Ukrainian delegation had the opportunity to visit CoMotion on King (one of the largest coworking networks in Southern Ontario).
The Ukrainian delegation also visited the DMZ accelerator – Ryerson University’s innovative business incubator for early-stage technology startups.
‘Thanks to the support and mentoring of the CUTIS project, we met Canadian companies and e-learning specialists. I am confident that these meetings will grow into a successful international eLearning partnership,’ Miroslav Botsula, Co-founder and CEO of Davintoo Ukraina said.
The ICT mission to Canada is the part of U CAN Export program provided by the CUTIS project.
The Canada-Ukraine Trade and Investment Support (CUTIS) Project is a 5-year (2016-2021) Canadian development assistance initiative designed to lower poverty in Ukraine through increasing exports from Ukraine to Canada and investment from Canada to Ukraine.